Blues ink Shattenkirk, Berglund to new deals
The St. Louis Blues re-signed defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk to a four-year contract Wednesday, and reached a one-year deal with center Patrik Berglund.ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Blues re-signed defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk to a four-year contract Wednesday, and reached a one-year deal with center Patrik Berglund.
The Shattenkirk deal is worth $17 million over four years for a $4.25 million average per year, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.
The 24-year-old Shattenkirk had five goals and 18 assists in 48 games last season. In four NHL seasons with Colorado and St. Louis, the former Boston University player has 23 goals and 86 assists in 201 games.
The 25-year-old Berglund, from Sweden, had 17 goals and eight assists in 48 games last season. In five seasons with the Blues, he has 92 goals and 96 assists in 358 games.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos