Condra re-signs for 2 years with Senators
The Ottawa Senators have re-signed Erik Condra to a two-year deal, avoiding arbitration with the restricted free-agent forward.
Condra's deal is worth $2.5 million, and he'll count $1.25 million against Ottawa's salary cap.
Condra played all 48 games last year for the Senators, providing some consistency during an injury-plagued season. He had four goals and eight assists.
The 22-year-old had a goal and six assists in 10 playoff games. He had eight goals and 17 assists in his first full NHL season in 2011-12.
Condra had filed for player-elected salary arbitration before Wednesday's deadline. The sides settled on the contract before a hearing was necessary.
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos