Penguins sign RFA Jeffrey to 1-year contract
The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed restricted free agent Dustin Jeffrey to a one-year contract.
The deal, worth $625,000, gives the Penguins added depth after losing veterans Brenden Morrow, Jarome Iginla and Matt Cooke in free agency. The 25-year-old Jeffrey had three goals and three assists for the Penguins during the 2013 season. Jeffrey has played in just 50 NHL games since tearing the ACL in his right knee in March, 2011.
The signing leaves the Penguins with just one restricted free agent on the roster, Robert Bortuzzo. Bortuzzo is eligible for arbitration. He played in 15 games last season, with two goals and two assists.
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos