Former Red Wing Burr, 47, dies from fall
Shawn Burr, who played 16 years in the NHL, mostly with the Detroit Red Wings, died Monday. He was 47.
Dave Goetze, a friend of Burr's, says Burr was making progress in a fight against leukemia, but he died from brain trauma after a fall at his Detroit-area home. Goetze has worked for the Shawn Burr Foundation in support of blood cancer research.
In 878 NHL games, Burr scored 181 goals with 259 assists and 1,069 penalty minutes.
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos