Oilers ink Nugent-Hopkins to 7-year extension
The Edmonton Oilers have signed forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to a seven-year contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
The deal is worth $42 million total, a source told ESPN's Pierre LeBrun.
After an impressive rookie campaign, Nugent-Hopkins' numbers were slightly down this past season with just four goals and 20 assists in 40 games. He had 18 goals and 34 assists in 64 games in his first NHL season after being drafted first overall by Edmonton in 2011.
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind.
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Chicago bridges lift as sailboats begin journey to harbors
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos