Maple Leafs' Kulemin to miss at least 2 weeks
Nikolai Kulemin will miss at least two weeks with a bone chip in his ankle
TORONTO -- Nikolai Kulemin will miss at least two weeks with a bone chip in his ankle.
Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said Saturday the winger blocked a shot with his foot in practice Friday and could have played hurt for a month. Instead, the team and doctors decided to put Kulemin in a walking boot and not take the chance of making it worse.
Carlyle said it was not a displaced fracture, which is why Kulemin would have been able to continue playing. But the Leafs will be without him starting Saturday night in their home opener against the Ottawa Senators.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma 14 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits 23 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos