NASCAR penalizes six Nationwide Series teams
NASCAR has fined six Nationwide Series teams for failing inspection at Richmond International Raceway.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- NASCAR has fined six Nationwide Series teams for failing inspection at Richmond International Raceway.
The penalties were levied against the three-car teams for Richard Childress Racing and Turner Motorsports. NASCAR said the front upper bumper covers for all six cars had been illegally modified.
Crew chiefs Luke Lambert, Danny Stockman, Trent Owens, Jimmy Elledge, Ernie Cope and Mike Shiplett were all fined $10,000 and placed on probation through Dec. 31.
Car chiefs Phil Gould, Robert Strmiska, Shannon Rursch, Ronald Hornaday III, Paul Balmer and Christopher Meyers also were placed on probation through Dec. 31.
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos