4 UofI trustees offer to resign
August 19, 2009 (WLS) -- Four more University of Illinois trustees have offered to resign.
Dr. Kenneth Schmidt, David Dorris and Devon Bruce, along with Robert Vickrey all say they would like to continue serving. But Governor Pat Quinn called for all trustees to step down to help the university heal from the scandal involving the admission of students based on clout rather than qualifications.
Governor Quinn has already accepted the resignations of two other trustees - including the board's former chairman.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77