4 UofI trustees offer to resign
August 19, 2009 (WLS) -- Four more University of Illinois trustees have offered to resign.
Dr. Kenneth Schmidt, David Dorris and Devon Bruce, along with Robert Vickrey all say they would like to continue serving. But Governor Pat Quinn called for all trustees to step down to help the university heal from the scandal involving the admission of students based on clout rather than qualifications.
Governor Quinn has already accepted the resignations of two other trustees - including the board's former chairman.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77