4 UofI trustees offer to resign
August 19, 2009 (WLS) -- Four more University of Illinois trustees have offered to resign.
Dr. Kenneth Schmidt, David Dorris and Devon Bruce, along with Robert Vickrey all say they would like to continue serving. But Governor Pat Quinn called for all trustees to step down to help the university heal from the scandal involving the admission of students based on clout rather than qualifications.
Governor Quinn has already accepted the resignations of two other trustees - including the board's former chairman.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures passenger 34 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 28 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
28 min ago