Woman struck, killed by stray bullet
September 14, 2009 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police are looking for the person who fired a stray bullet that killed a Gary, Ind. woman over the weekend.
Loretta Henderson, 51, was in bed late Saturday night or early Sunday morning at her home on Central Avenue when she was struck by a stray bullet. Her husband found her body when he got home from work on Sunday.
Gary police are asking the public for any information in the case.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos