Woman struck, killed by stray bullet
September 14, 2009 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police are looking for the person who fired a stray bullet that killed a Gary, Ind. woman over the weekend.
Loretta Henderson, 51, was in bed late Saturday night or early Sunday morning at her home on Central Avenue when she was struck by a stray bullet. Her husband found her body when he got home from work on Sunday.
Gary police are asking the public for any information in the case.
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park 31 min ago
- Ind. beaches close after substance found in water
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Might you be overpaying for smartphone data? 36 min ago
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- UofC biochem student missing 6 days
- Report: Special session on pension to cost $40K a day
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured 6 min ago
- Man tried to sexually assault girl, 14, at gunpoint: Police
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos