Town celebrates rebuilding 1 year after flooding
September 14, 2009 (INDIANAPOLIS) (WLS) -- Several families held a party on Monday night in Munster, Indiana to celebrate the rebuilding that's taken place since severe flooding one year ago.
Nearly 1,000 homes were damaged. One woman said she had more than eight feet of water in her basement.
Several families in the neighborhood had to demolish their homes and rebuild. They say the flooding brought the neighborhood closer together. And many at Monday night's party thanked the community for its support.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle 57 min ago
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted 56 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting 6 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment 54 min ago
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 22 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
57 min ago
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten,...
56 min ago