5 family members killed in central Ill.
September 22, 2009 (BEASON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Officials have identified the bodies of five people - two adults and three children - that were found in Beason, Ill.
WATCH THE NEWSCONFERENCE: Beason Police press conference
The victims are Raymond Gee, 46, and Ruth Gee, 39 and their three children- Justina Constant, 16; Dillen Constant, 14; and Austin Gee, 11. All five were shot to death, police said, and their bodies were found Monday after someone called 911 to report a possible shooting. One child - a 3-year-old girl - was airlifted to a Peoria hospital. Her condition is unknown
"This was a brutal homicide against an entire family. And we are determined to identify and arrest those responsible," said Logan County Sheriff Steve Nichols.
Sheriff Nichols said the suspect- who has not been identified- is considered armed and dangerous. Nichols urged residents to lock their doors and remain cautious until the killer is caught.
Autopsies were being conducted Tuesday.
Beason is a farming community about 140 miles southwest of Chicago.
The Glee family was quiet and well-liked, according to others in the tiny community. The post master said she saw the children every morning when they came to catch the bus for school.
"They were great kids," she said. "Austin was in the post office every morning in the lobby on the floor doing his homework. He'd say he's more awake in the morning."
She said Raymond Gee worked in construction and that Ruth Gee was a stay-at-home mother.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 20 min ago
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire 40 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind. 10 min ago
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid 18 min ago
- CTA eyes Red Line extension proposals 13 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 54 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos