Soldiers honored upon return from Afghanistan
October 25, 2009 (ROBBINS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Soldiers of the Illinois National Guard were honored Sunday after their return from serving in Afghanistan.
The soldiers of Company B, 122nd Field Artillery were recognized as part of the Freedom Salute campaign.
The unit had been in Afghanistan since June of last year. The soldiers were there to mentor and train Afghan police forces. Yhey served in 32 different locations in the country.
Four of their men were killed in action.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS student 16 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim 5 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House 22 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Dick Evey, former Bears' first-round pick, dies at 72
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS...
16 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
22 min ago