Soldiers honored upon return from Afghanistan
October 25, 2009 (ROBBINS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Soldiers of the Illinois National Guard were honored Sunday after their return from serving in Afghanistan.
The soldiers of Company B, 122nd Field Artillery were recognized as part of the Freedom Salute campaign.
The unit had been in Afghanistan since June of last year. The soldiers were there to mentor and train Afghan police forces. Yhey served in 32 different locations in the country.
Four of their men were killed in action.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 52 min ago
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage 37 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos