Soldiers honored upon return from Afghanistan
October 25, 2009 (ROBBINS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Soldiers of the Illinois National Guard were honored Sunday after their return from serving in Afghanistan.
The soldiers of Company B, 122nd Field Artillery were recognized as part of the Freedom Salute campaign.
The unit had been in Afghanistan since June of last year. The soldiers were there to mentor and train Afghan police forces. Yhey served in 32 different locations in the country.
Four of their men were killed in action.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North 1 min ago
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot 49 min ago