South suburban woman killed in snowboard accident
February 1, 2010 (FORT COLLINS, Colo.) (WLS) -- A 24-year-old woman from the far south suburbs died Sunday in a snowboarding accident in Colorado.
Ericka Schriefer of Grant Park, near Kankakee, was found Sunday morning in some trees off an expert trail at the Copper Mountain ski area.
Schriefer was airlifted to an area hospital where she later died. The coroner's office says she was wearing a helmet.
Schriefer had been working in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps 23 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 59 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters 45 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas 29 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5
- Stranded hiker rescued from Tenn. waterfall ledge
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
23 min ago