South suburban woman killed in snowboard accident
February 1, 2010 (FORT COLLINS, Colo.) (WLS) -- A 24-year-old woman from the far south suburbs died Sunday in a snowboarding accident in Colorado.
Ericka Schriefer of Grant Park, near Kankakee, was found Sunday morning in some trees off an expert trail at the Copper Mountain ski area.
Schriefer was airlifted to an area hospital where she later died. The coroner's office says she was wearing a helmet.
Schriefer had been working in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- LSD reopens after suspicious package investigated 12 min ago
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached 12 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Carla Hall from 'The Chew'
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos