School District 207 could cut 137 teachers, employees
February 1, 2010 (WLS) -- The school board for Maine Township High School District 207 meets Monday night. It is expected to approve $15 million in cuts and layoff 137 teachers and employees.
It's all an effort to reduce a projected $19 million deficit for the 2010-2011 school year.
The district was once lauded for its financial solvency.
District 207 administrators blame "accounting errors" and economic conditions for the financial problems.
- Mixed reviews after 1st Red Line Reconstruction rush hour 1 min ago
- School closings march planned to protest CPS consolidations
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 8 min ago
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls
- Desiree Rogers named chair of Chicago tourism board
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan grave
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
8 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Mixed reviews after 1st Red Line...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos