School District 207 could cut 137 teachers, employees
February 1, 2010 (WLS) -- The school board for Maine Township High School District 207 meets Monday night. It is expected to approve $15 million in cuts and layoff 137 teachers and employees.
It's all an effort to reduce a projected $19 million deficit for the 2010-2011 school year.
The district was once lauded for its financial solvency.
District 207 administrators blame "accounting errors" and economic conditions for the financial problems.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 2 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 3 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
2 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
3 min ago