School District 207 could cut 137 teachers, employees
February 1, 2010 (WLS) -- The school board for Maine Township High School District 207 meets Monday night. It is expected to approve $15 million in cuts and layoff 137 teachers and employees.
It's all an effort to reduce a projected $19 million deficit for the 2010-2011 school year.
The district was once lauded for its financial solvency.
District 207 administrators blame "accounting errors" and economic conditions for the financial problems.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 20 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters 6 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows 23 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5
- Stranded hiker rescued from Tenn. waterfall ledge
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- 1985 Chicago Bears Book
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport