Court may make Prop 8 announcement next week
SAN FRANCISCO -- The Supreme Court is expected to announce as soon as next week whether it will let stand an appeals court ruling declaring Prop 8, California's ban on gay marriage, unconstitutional. And this morning San Francisco City Hall is asking court officials for a 24 hour heads up before the ruling, so it can prepare for the expected rush on same sex weddings.
The Supreme Court meets Friday in a closed door session to consider whether to review the challenge. If it decides not to, the appeals court ruling will stand, legalizing same sex marriages in California.
same sex marriage, supreme court, california news
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...
- ABC7 to Go 3-14-14
30 min ago