Hero dog that lost snout returns to Philippines
SAN FRANCISCO -- A hero dog treated at the UC Davis vet hospital is finally back home in the Philippines.
A motorcade drove "Kabang," a German Shepherd-mix, through her home town Monday morning.
Kabang lost half her face after jumping into the path of an oncoming motorcycle that was about two hit two girls.
The dog's heroic deed caught the attention of people worldwide and $27,000 was raised to help get the dog to UC Davis.
Vets couldn't reconstruct the animal's snout, but were able to heal her wounds.
animal, animals in peril, uc davis, children, california news
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps 33 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters 55 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas 39 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5
- Stranded hiker rescued from Tenn. waterfall ledge
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
33 min ago