Hero dog that lost snout returns to Philippines
SAN FRANCISCO -- A hero dog treated at the UC Davis vet hospital is finally back home in the Philippines.
A motorcade drove "Kabang," a German Shepherd-mix, through her home town Monday morning.
Kabang lost half her face after jumping into the path of an oncoming motorcycle that was about two hit two girls.
The dog's heroic deed caught the attention of people worldwide and $27,000 was raised to help get the dog to UC Davis.
Vets couldn't reconstruct the animal's snout, but were able to heal her wounds.
animal, animals in peril, uc davis, children, california news
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake