Southern California dog nearly dies after eating poisoned meatball
First the Bay Area, now Southern California. Meatballs laced with poison are now putting pet owners in one community on alert.
A man in La Cañada Flintridge says his dog June nearly died last month after eating meatballs thrown onto his property.
Those meatballs were later found to be laced with the dangerous pesticide strychnine.
Police are calling this an isolated incident, but dog owners in the neighborhood say they're now worried to let their dogs out for walks.
Earlier this summer in San Francisco, tainted meatballs were found in the Diamond Heights and the Twin Peaks neighborhoods.
Those meatballs were also laced with strychnine.
A dachshund that ate one of the meatballs died.
No word if all of these cases are connected.
animal, animals in peril, food, crime, southern california, los angeles, california news
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus