Salinas police investigate poisoned Halloween candy incident
SALINAS, Calif. -- Investigators are waiting for the results of a blood test after a woman was allegedly given Halloween candy laced with LSD.
There was a tiny hole in the Snickers bar wrapper.
North Salinas police say the piece of candy was given to a 16-month-old trick-or-treater.
However, the girl's mother ate it. She almost immediately started to feel sick and went to the emergency room.
Officials believe some kind of drug, like LSD, was injected into the chocolate.
"With that kind of strength, I almost shudder to think what could have happened to my niece, it would have been far too strong of a dosage for a toddler," the victim's brother said.
Police believe this was an isolated incident. They are looking for the person who might have tainted the candy and if it was intentional.
Police remind parents to check their children's Halloween candy.
halloween, salinas, california news
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits