TechSmart: Innovations for your life
In today's TechSmart report, if you are tired of lugging around your laptop, there's a new alternative.
The EEE PC is a lightweight, rugged, low powered device. You can check e-mail, get on the internet, or type out a document. Made by Asus, prices range from $299 to $399. One plus, the boot-up time is less than 30 seconds. It shuts down in less than 5 seconds.
A new camera allows video game players to interact with some games, using body motions and sounds. It's called the Playstation "Eye". It comes with four small microphones that pick up sounds in the room. Released last week, the eye sells for about $40.
Maybe you had one as a child? The Atari 2600 has earned a spot in the National Toy Hall of Fame. The single button joystick home video game system turned the television into a toy for millions. It featured games like Pac-Man, Frogger, and Space Invaders.
Hate mowing the lawn? You might change your mind if you had the F1 race-car inspired mower. Made by a Frenchman, it features rear view mirrors, a steering wheel and cockpit, and an LCD gauge display. No word on how much this high tech yard tool will cost.
tech, alan krashesky
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school 45 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos