During this cold, snowy winter you might like an attendant to fill up your tank at the gas station.
Now there's a robot that can do the job. Dutch inventors unveiled Tank Pitstop earlier this week. A robotic arm extends from the gas pump, opens the gas cap and fuels the car. The robot could be at work later this year at gas stations in the Netherlands.
An Oregon brewery is using the sun to make beer. The Lucky Lab Brew Pub in Portland uses solar panels on the roof to heat the water used to make beer. The brew pub plans to create a special Sun Beer to celebrate their new solar system.
Now instead of directory assistance, you can Google phone numbers and addresses. Goog 411 is a free, voice-activated service available on any phone. Or you can purchase the new premiere series phone, which has a dedicated button to call for information.
And after being delayed for two years, the Pleo dinosaur is now available. The $350 robot doesn't follow commands. Instead, Pleo changes its behavior as it adapts to its surroundings. it barks, cries and plays tug of war. Pleo owners can even download a program to make the dinosaur act like a guard dog.
tech, alan krashesky
- 4 of 54 schools to be saved in CPS closings vote 51 min ago
- Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI 7 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help 59 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit 49 min ago
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Officials: Summer construction to create about 6,500 jobs 29 min ago
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer 43 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado 'safe rooms'
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 7 in :77
- 4 of 54 schools to be saved in CPS closings...
51 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
59 min ago