Company selling stun gun case for cell phones
July 17, 2012 (WLS) -- A new device can turn your smart phone into an instant weapon if you're being threatened.
The Yellow Jacket is a case for cell phones that is actually a 650,000-volt stun gun. It has a safety switch and cover for the electrodes to prevent an accidental discharge.
There is an external battery capable of powering a smart phone for 20 hours.
The inventor came up with the idea after surviving a home invasion.
His company is still raising money to fund production, but it is taking orders. The Yellow Jacket is selling online for $125.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted 31 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 29 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 47 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 45 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually...
31 min ago