Company selling stun gun case for cell phones
July 17, 2012 (WLS) -- A new device can turn your smart phone into an instant weapon if you're being threatened.
The Yellow Jacket is a case for cell phones that is actually a 650,000-volt stun gun. It has a safety switch and cover for the electrodes to prevent an accidental discharge.
There is an external battery capable of powering a smart phone for 20 hours.
The inventor came up with the idea after surviving a home invasion.
His company is still raising money to fund production, but it is taking orders. The Yellow Jacket is selling online for $125.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand