Company selling stun gun case for cell phones
July 17, 2012 (WLS) -- A new device can turn your smart phone into an instant weapon if you're being threatened.
The Yellow Jacket is a case for cell phones that is actually a 650,000-volt stun gun. It has a safety switch and cover for the electrodes to prevent an accidental discharge.
There is an external battery capable of powering a smart phone for 20 hours.
The inventor came up with the idea after surviving a home invasion.
His company is still raising money to fund production, but it is taking orders. The Yellow Jacket is selling online for $125.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake