Company selling stun gun case for cell phones
July 17, 2012 (WLS) -- A new device can turn your smart phone into an instant weapon if you're being threatened.
The Yellow Jacket is a case for cell phones that is actually a 650,000-volt stun gun. It has a safety switch and cover for the electrodes to prevent an accidental discharge.
There is an external battery capable of powering a smart phone for 20 hours.
The inventor came up with the idea after surviving a home invasion.
His company is still raising money to fund production, but it is taking orders. The Yellow Jacket is selling online for $125.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 48 min ago
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day 18 min ago
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
48 min ago
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey retired...
11 min ago