ABC7Chicago iPad App: Watch newscasts on the go
August 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7Chicago now has a new app for the iPad, with improved features to keep you more in touch with the latest news, weather and traffic, including watching our live newscasts.
The new ABC7Chicago iPad app is now available through Apple's App Store or through iTunes. So, if you have our previous app installed, now's the time to upgrade. And, if you haven't tried our ABC7Chicago app, this is a great opportunity to take the new app for a test drive.
Here's the biggest new feature: You can now watch our ABC7 newscasts live on your iPad, so wherever you are, you can watch Chicago's No. 1 news.
When you open the new app you're greeted with current weather conditions, then our top story of the moment. Breaking news stories will scroll across the red banner. Just touch it to see the full story -- and you can share all our posted stories by e-mail, Facebook and Twitter.
Our weather features are improved: If you touch the weather icon -- at the top of the app -- you'll see the current conditions in your location. And there's an hourly forecast to take you through your day and a seven-day outlook.
And if you want even more weather, it's right here at your fingertips, taking you to our full weather website, complete with interactive radar that shows you weather right in your neighborhood.
Need traffic information for your commute? It's there, too, and for the first time it's interactive with our new app. Just double tap to get a closer look of the expressway or road your want, showing the incidents that could affect your travel time. You can even click on camera icons to see video from cameras on that route.
And check out the new sections we've created: Now, without leaving our ABC7Chicago app. you get direct access to the online resources of ABC News, ESPN, On The Red Carpet for entertainment news, and the Live Well Network. Plus Windy City Live -- where you can watch video clips and share them -- and our show 190 North.
tech, alan krashesky
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos