ABC7Chicago iPad App: Watch newscasts on the go
August 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7Chicago now has a new app for the iPad, with improved features to keep you more in touch with the latest news, weather and traffic, including watching our live newscasts.
The new ABC7Chicago iPad app is now available through Apple's App Store or through iTunes. So, if you have our previous app installed, now's the time to upgrade. And, if you haven't tried our ABC7Chicago app, this is a great opportunity to take the new app for a test drive.
Here's the biggest new feature: You can now watch our ABC7 newscasts live on your iPad, so wherever you are, you can watch Chicago's No. 1 news.
When you open the new app you're greeted with current weather conditions, then our top story of the moment. Breaking news stories will scroll across the red banner. Just touch it to see the full story -- and you can share all our posted stories by e-mail, Facebook and Twitter.
Our weather features are improved: If you touch the weather icon -- at the top of the app -- you'll see the current conditions in your location. And there's an hourly forecast to take you through your day and a seven-day outlook.
And if you want even more weather, it's right here at your fingertips, taking you to our full weather website, complete with interactive radar that shows you weather right in your neighborhood.
Need traffic information for your commute? It's there, too, and for the first time it's interactive with our new app. Just double tap to get a closer look of the expressway or road your want, showing the incidents that could affect your travel time. You can even click on camera icons to see video from cameras on that route.
And check out the new sections we've created: Now, without leaving our ABC7Chicago app. you get direct access to the online resources of ABC News, ESPN, On The Red Carpet for entertainment news, and the Live Well Network. Plus Windy City Live -- where you can watch video clips and share them -- and our show 190 North.
tech, alan krashesky
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in 45 min ago
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash 28 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
45 min ago