Snapchat hacked, account information leaked for 4.6 million accounts
January 1, 2014 (WLS) -- The popular app Snapchat, which lets people share photos and short videos, was hit by hackers.
The account information for 4.6 million users appeared online Tuesday, including user names and at least partial phone numbers.
That information was available for download from a website, which has since been suspended.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 5 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained