Snapchat hacked, account information leaked for 4.6 million accounts
January 1, 2014 (WLS) -- The popular app Snapchat, which lets people share photos and short videos, was hit by hackers.
The account information for 4.6 million users appeared online Tuesday, including user names and at least partial phone numbers.
That information was available for download from a website, which has since been suspended.
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 7 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real? 59 min ago
- Metra train fatally hits man on NW Side 59 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 56 min ago
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives 32 min ago
- Go offline for National Day of Unplugging 22 min ago
- Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
59 min ago