Prince William turns 30 with low-key celebration
LONDON -- Prince William plans to celebrate his 30th birthday on Thursday with a private, low-key event, according to Buckingham Palace.
The prince and his wife, the former Kate Middleton, planned to just have a few close friends over for a private dinner at their home in north Wales.
With his milestone birthday, Prince William is set to receive an esimated $15 million under the terms of the will of his late mother, Princess Diana. The exact amount is not known because the current value of the trust set up by his mother has not been made public.
William, who is second in line for the throne behind his father, Prince Charles, has been pursuing a military career as a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
prince william, world news
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- World mourns Nelson Mandela
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found 39 min ago
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ 10 min ago
- Illinois pension bill private signing questioned
- Local teams playing for Pop Warner football championships
- Chicago speed cameras added on North, South Sides
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Loop attorney, nephew charged with sex assault of man
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas