ABC 7 Chicago Presents Live Broadcast Of The Bud Billiken Parade
Once again, ABC 7 is proud to bring viewers the pageantry and excitement of one of the most popular parades in the country during its broadcast of the 77th Annual Bud Billiken Parade.
The Bud Billiken Parade is on Saturday, August 12, 10:00 a.m. - 12:30p.m.
Join ABC 7 Chicago's co-hosts Cheryl Burton, Jim Rose, Bill Campbell and Karen Jordan as they capture all the fun of this historic parade for viewers at home.
In addition, ABC 7'S Ron Magers, Linda Yu, Hosea Sanders, Ben Bradley, Evelyn Holmes, Harry Porterfield and Leah Hope will join the festivities as they ride atop the ABC 7 float.
WGCI-FM's (107.5) popular funnyman, Tony Sculfield, will join the ABC 7 team as special guest host.
The Bud Billiken Parade, which makes its way down Martin Luther King Drive from 39th Street to Washington Park, is the largest African-American parade and the second largest parade in the country.
U.S. Senator Barack Obama will be the parade's Grand Marshal.
Broadcasting from the booth, Burton, Rose, and Campbell will bring viewers the inside scoop on the parade's "who's who," while Jordan and Sculfield find out what's happening along the parade route.
For more information, visit the Parade's official website: http://www.budbillikenparade.com/.
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary 24 min ago
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up 50 min ago
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela 50 min ago
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
56 min ago
- 7 in :77
59 min ago
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
48 min ago