Breakfast Club: Georgie V's
ABC7's Tracy Butler checked out one of her weather watcher's favorite breakfast spots. She says it is worth the trip to Northbrook!
For nearly 30 years, the man behind Georige V's, dreamed of having his own restaurant. George Vlahakis was one week away from medical school graduation when he decided the restaurant business was calling his name.
"I like to talk to people, sit with them listen to them -- some problems I have, some problems they have. Hey this is life. It's short. Let's make it happier," said George Vlahakis, Georgie V's Owner.
There are a lot of happy folks at Georige V's, including Tracy Butler's weather watcher from Northbrook -- Katie Eisen.
"It's the best spot in Northbrook, always. I have been coming here forever," said Katie Eisen.
Forever is since her youngest of three daughters, who are now ages 25, 23 and 14, was preschooler! Katie's favorite is the egg white omelet. It's one of the house specialties.
The also offer silver dollar pancakes, oatmeal with fruit, all kinds of french toast, waffles and apple pie cake!
At Georgie V's the owner knows your name, there is service with a smile and the food is guaranteed to garner a good review.
1139 Church St.
resources, tracy butler
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas