Holiday Favorites: Tracy Butler
December 17, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Each year at the holidays, our anchors for ABC7 News at 11 a.m. like to share some of the gifts they love to give and receive. Today it's Tracy Butler's turn.
"Like many of you out there, time is of the essence," Tracy says. "And this season more than ever, I found that one stop-shopping is the way I had to do things. Recently, I was out in the Downers Grove area for an event and I stumbled upon this boutique which had a lot of my favorite things. It is called Jolie boutique."
Pretty tools! prettytools.com
"If you have an office or maybe you're a teacher, how can you lose these pretty tools?" Tracy asks.
Twist and Pout Lip Gloss twist-and-pout.com
As featured in O magazine as one of Oprah's perfect presents, these lip balms have an SPF of 20.
Cinda B's Purses and Wallets cindab.com
"I love these purses and wallets for a couple reasons!" Tracy says. "They are so cute and beautiful with a good variety of prices and made in USA!!!!!"
For more information about where Tracy got all these things:
937 Curtiss Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
The Olive Tap theolivetap.com
"I seem to have a lot of friends who just love olive oil. So I discovered a place where they have all different kinds of olive oils and they make beautiful gift baskets too," Tracy explains. "They have locations in Downers Grove and Long Grove."
Tracy's Sugared Pecans
"I'm not a great cook, however, I really do like to bake," Tracy says. "And this is a really really easy recipe."
2 lbs pecans
Mix together until frothy:
PREHEAT OVEN TO 225 DEGREES. Pour the liquid mixture of egg white and water, over the pecans and stir well. Then stir in your dry ingredients. Once you have everything mixed together, pour the pecans onto a greased cookie sheet. BAKE one hour at 225degrees. Turn every 15 minutes so the pecans do not burn.
"Once everything cools, you can package them up in fun little baskets and boxes and give as gifts!" Tracy adds. "But, you may end up keeping a lot for yourself. Once you start eating these, it is very hard to stop!"
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap