A Blending of Bittersweet Memories cookbook
A local author, is giving new meaning to 'Comfort Food' by compiling a cookbook celebrating the life and recipes of lost loved ones.
(News Release) Emily Hoffman is working on the "A Blending of Bittersweet Memories" project, a cookbook dedicated to those that have lost a loved one. The compilation of endearing stories and family recipes will allow their legacy and bittersweet memories to live on forever. The project began after Emily Hoffman lost her mother, Renée Israel, to Breast Cancer in 2006. A portion of the profit from sales of "A Blending of Bittersweet Memories will go to charity.
"When I cook, I'm celebrating my mother's legacy," Emily explains. "A taste of one of her recipes brings the memories back. It's a way to heal, and I'm hoping to share that healing process with others."
Over the next months, Emily will be gathering recipes from people all over the country that have lost a loved one. Through sharing stories and recipes of grandparents, parents, siblings, and friends, those mourning a loss will be able to move forward while still keeping the memories alive.
You can visit bittersweet-memories.com for information on how to submit a recipe to the project.
Emily Hoffman's Stuffed Peppers Recipe
6 peppers, colors of your choice
1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
8 oz. of mushrooms
one-half yellow onion
1 clove of garlic
3 slices of potato bread
1 tsp. salt
one-half tsp. pepper
Cut tops off of peppers and set tops aside. Clean out seeds from inside of the peppers. Chop in food processor: zucchini, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and potato bread. Mix above mixture with ground turkey. Add salt and pepper. Scoop complete mixture into peppers and drizzle olive oil on top of each pepper. Place tops back on the peppers. Add ½ cup of water to bottom of baking dish. Bake in oven at 350° for 1 hour. Serve with rice and side salad. Serves 6.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 53 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes 14 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles 47 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools 41 min ago
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
53 min ago