March 31, 2010 -- Spring is finally here, and it's time to celebrate. Easter Sunday is this weekend and the perfect occasion for throwing an impromptu Brunch Egg Hunt morning with friends, family and neighbors.
. Color - spring is all about color - and Easter is no egg-ception. Use colorful, sherbet inspired linens, dishes, florals, foods, etc.
For $30 you can rent a gorgeous cloth from Windy City Linen in crinkle - which looks like a couture gown and dresses up any table.
2. Fresh - we are ready for sunshine, fresh flowers, fresh fruit, fresh everthing!
For just a few dollars you can pot fresh spring bulbs - bright sunny Daffodills are my favorite - they just ooze happy. Drop a potted plant from the grocery or florist into a gorgeous basket or urn, add bright fluffy reindeer moss and some floral pins, and you have a centerpiece in under a minute. Potted plants and bulbs are very long lasting - so you can enjoy them for weeks instead of days, making them a green choice for decor.
Paired with organic chocolate bunnies, candies and nests - is it a blissful and edible display for spring tables.
Cocktails and Menu - bright, fresh, organic, full of vitamins and minerals - that's what spring is all about.
A Muddling Bar for specialty drinks mixes a dozen fresh spring fruits with seltzers, juices, champagne and more. Glasses, bowls or vases can be filled with blueberries, raspberries, watermelon, peaches, herbs like rosemary and mint, whatever you like. You can mix any flavor combination, which kids and adults love. They look just as gorgeous as they taste - making them the perfect Easter sipper.
3. When in doubt, take out!
Everyone is short on time, so rely on local neighborhood favorites to do the cooking for you. Everything featured on our buffet is from my favorite Chicago restaurants - letting me focus on the fun and them on the food.
This Frittata Bar is so much fun - giving everyone fresh and eclectic flavors like Carmelized Onion, Blue Cheese and Balmamic, Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato, and more from Bakin n Eggs in Lakeview.bakinandeggschicago.com
Bagels and Schmears have never been so chic - with fresh mix in spreads guests can create their own custom flavors with herbs, sauces and syrups in bowls to combine with cream cheese, hummus, tuna or egg salads from The Bagel on Broadway.
Breakfast Cupcakes include muffin tops adorned with bright spring bouquets in buttercream icing, from Sugar Bliss
Easter Truffles and Truffle-pops are the sweetest - literally - dessert display in themed egg cartons. Not to mention Beer-cakes, infused with beer for "the boy's easter basket", all from Cacao on Etsy.
Cheers to spring's bright arrival at long last - Happy Easter Brunching.
FOR WEBSITE ONLY:
A Perfect Event
3050 N. Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 54 min ago
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River 42 min ago
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home