Sam Fine's Beauty Basics
April 30, 2010 -- (PRESS RELEASE) What do superstars Patti Labelle, Vanessa L. Williams, Halle Berry, Brandy and supermodels Tyra Banks, Veronica Webb, Iman, and Naomi Campbell all have in common? They've relied on the expert hand of makeup artist Sam Fine to look their most glamorous.
That's because Fine knows that the key to making up goes beyond painting a pretty face. Long before he became a celebrity makeup artist, the Chicago native paid his dues working behind the makeup counter of department stores, an experience he fondly refers to as "the real school of beauty". There he came in contact with women from all walks of life that wanted one thing - to look their absolute best. He made it his mission to show them how to accentuate their unique beauty by using colors and shades that would best complement their complexions. But most importantly he helped them eliminate their doubts and apprehension about applying makeup so that they too could achieve dazzling results.
Sam's talent and determination have taken him far from the makeup counter, making him one of today's most sought after makeup artists. Vogue calls him 'the go- to make-up master for women of color.' His work has appeared on the covers and pages of Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar, Essence, Vibe and Marie Claire and was chosen as the first African-American spokesperson for Revlon and Covergirl Cosmetics. But it was the experiences from his formative years selling makeup that inspired him to write his first book, Fine Beauty: Beauty Basics and Beyond for African-American Women, a how-to guide that also highlights his many accomplishments.
He now has a new DVD called "Fine: The Basics of Beauty" and he will be in Chicago this weekend sharing his expertise with local women. You can meet Sam on Saturday, May 1. With over a decade of experience beautifying women of all shades, Sam is highly recognized for his ability to translate trends, tips and techniques, into looks that work for an array of skin tones. Sam will demystify beauty tricks, debunk beauty myths and empower in a 2-hour seminar and Q and A session. He aims to change your approach to make-up, one stroke at a time.
WHAT: A Fine Day of Beauty with Sam Fine
WHEN: Saturday, May 1 at 1pm
WHERE: Lifebook Lounge, 1200 W. Lake Street, Chicago, IL 60607
For more information, visit www.brushesbyviola.com or call 312.204.7307.
- Boy Scouts to lift ban on openly gay scouts 1 min ago
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Evanston school takes action after reports of 'sexting'
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington 13 min ago
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015 30 min ago
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos