End of Summer Drink Recipes
September 4, 2010 -- As you fire up the grill and plan your end-of-summer soirees, don't forget the drinks for Labor Day weekend.
Elaina Vazquez of local luxury catering company Boutique Bites BoutiqueBites.com shares some of her recipes for flavorful drinks.
2 medium-sized watermelons, juiced
1 cup fresh basil leaves
½ cup sugar
½ cup water
Juice watermelon and strain through cheesecloth to discard all solids. Make a simple syrup by heating sugar and water in a saucepan until sugar is dissolved. Add basil leaves and let steep. Strain and discard basil. Add basil infused syrup to watermelon juice. Top off with sparkling water. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
1 cucumber, juiced
4 cups limejuice
8 cups water
Fresh mint leaves
Make a simple syrup by heating equal amounts of sugar and water in a saucepan until sugar is dissolved. Add mint leaves and let steep. Strain and discard mint. Stir together limejuice, water and cucumber juice. Sweeten with mint-infused simple syrup. Garnish with lime slices and fresh mint leaves.
8 cups sparkling apple cider
1 apple, diced
1 plum, diced
1 pear, diced
Fresh thyme sprigs
Combine all of the ingredients and refrigerate to let flavors come together. Serve cold on ice.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet 2 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 6 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 43 min ago
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 45 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing...
2 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
6 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
16 min ago