Step by Step: Selling on eBay
November 8, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Expert eBay seller Denise Glover helped ABC7's Judy Hsu sell a Juicy purse.
Step 1: Research your item. You will want to have done research on the item to know what market value you're asking for, the description of the item and the measurements.
Step 2: Take some pictures of your item. "Make sure there is nothing in the background because nobody wants to see your dirty clothes or your couch or anything like that. Just make sure you capture the item," Glover said.
Step 3: Set up an account on eBay. Input your basic information.
Step 4: Click "Sell an Item" in eBay. Create a descriptive title for your item. List the color, style and brand name. Don't use adjectives like "really nice" or "gorgeous." Use descriptions like "black leather, satchel-style handbag." Then describe the condition.
Step 5: Provide the buyer with some measurements. For a handbag, you want to measure the base of the handbag, the height and the handle drop.
Step 6: Set your pricing. Glover recommended starting Judy's handbag at 99 cents and listing it for seven days. "It allows the market to dictate what it is actually worth." But, if there is a price that you're set on getting for the item, you could list it in a "buy it now" setup, and it would only sell to someone willing to pay the price you set, rather than auction-style. You can also set a higher minimum price for auction-style sales.
Step 7: Set your shipping cost. Glover recommends getting a basic kitchen scale you can get at a store like Target. Then weigh your item. If you're unfamiliar with eBay and shipping, you can go to a website like USPS.com and get a quote for shipping for the farthest you can ship in the United States.
Step 8: Upload the pictures you took of the item.
resources, judy hsu
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after Bellwood shooting 24 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults 23 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after...
24 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled...
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos