Step by Step: Replacing Door Handles
November 10, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Josh from Home Depot showed us how to replace a door handle.
On a scale of 1 to 10 Josh said changing a door handle is a 3.
Step 1: Remove the existing doorknob by removing two screws, which applies to about 99 percent of all doorknobs.
Step 2: Open the door. Remove the back handle.
Step 3: Remove the latch.
Step 4: Replace the latch.
Step 5: Put the handles back on. The portion with the screws will be on the outside of the door and the inside of the door and the portion that they screw in is the outside. Snug it up and push the handle down to access the other one.
***Most orridor handles function the same way. No matter how fancy they look, chances are that installing it will be similar.
resources, judy hsu
- SXSW crash in downtown Austin kills 2, injures 23 40 min ago
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- Dogs reunited with Avondale couple after break-in
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Man arrested after Colorado child kidnapping, 2 carjackings 3 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
27 min ago