Step by Step: Replacing Door Handles
November 10, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Josh from Home Depot showed us how to replace a door handle.
On a scale of 1 to 10 Josh said changing a door handle is a 3.
Step 1: Remove the existing doorknob by removing two screws, which applies to about 99 percent of all doorknobs.
Step 2: Open the door. Remove the back handle.
Step 3: Remove the latch.
Step 4: Replace the latch.
Step 5: Put the handles back on. The portion with the screws will be on the outside of the door and the inside of the door and the portion that they screw in is the outside. Snug it up and push the handle down to access the other one.
***Most orridor handles function the same way. No matter how fancy they look, chances are that installing it will be similar.
resources, judy hsu
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas