Step by Step: Replacing Door Handles
November 10, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Josh from Home Depot showed us how to replace a door handle.
On a scale of 1 to 10 Josh said changing a door handle is a 3.
Step 1: Remove the existing doorknob by removing two screws, which applies to about 99 percent of all doorknobs.
Step 2: Open the door. Remove the back handle.
Step 3: Remove the latch.
Step 4: Replace the latch.
Step 5: Put the handles back on. The portion with the screws will be on the outside of the door and the inside of the door and the portion that they screw in is the outside. Snug it up and push the handle down to access the other one.
***Most orridor handles function the same way. No matter how fancy they look, chances are that installing it will be similar.
resources, judy hsu
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 20 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party 44 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos