Step by Step: Replacing Door Handles
November 10, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Josh from Home Depot showed us how to replace a door handle.
On a scale of 1 to 10 Josh said changing a door handle is a 3.
Step 1: Remove the existing doorknob by removing two screws, which applies to about 99 percent of all doorknobs.
Step 2: Open the door. Remove the back handle.
Step 3: Remove the latch.
Step 4: Replace the latch.
Step 5: Put the handles back on. The portion with the screws will be on the outside of the door and the inside of the door and the portion that they screw in is the outside. Snug it up and push the handle down to access the other one.
***Most orridor handles function the same way. No matter how fancy they look, chances are that installing it will be similar.
resources, judy hsu
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 2 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 15 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 18 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant
- Bubonic plague claims 32 lives in Madagascar 40 min ago
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
56 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, December 20, 2013
11 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
15 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos