One-Track Trips Preview
November 15, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7's Roz Varon has shown places you can go on just one tank of gas for good times. And for one week, she's hitting the rails to take you places around the area that you can get to by hopping on just one train.
The past couple weeks, Roz has been riding Metra and CTA trains all over the Chicago area to find some cool spots to check out.
First up: the Burlington Northern Sante Fe Metra Line to explore some interesting places in Chicago's western suburbs. Then, we'll make a stop in Naperville to show you some family-friendly activities, and we'll also visit a historic place in Downers Grove.
Then, it's time to hit the rails and head south on the Metra Electric line, which stops at very popular locations in Chicago. We'll continue south down to University Park. But we're not just covering the south suburb, you can actually get over to Indiana by making just one transfer.
After checking out what's happening to the south of the city, we'll hit the Union Pacific North Line and head through the North Side of Chicago and up into the north suburbs.
We'll wrap up the week in the city by riding the 'el.' There are plenty of different lines to choose from, and Roz is riding several of them to make sure the city is covered. One of the stops includes several Chicago neighborhoods rich in history.
resources, roz varon
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case 56 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits 59 min ago
- Some construction suspended over holiday weekend 37 min ago
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea 52 min ago
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- 7 in :77