Suze Orman: Is the American Dream Dead?
March 16, 2011 -- In ''The Money class: Learn to Create Your New American Dream,'' Suze delivers a master class on personal finance for this pivotal time in our nation.
In this bracing and urgently needed new book, she issues a call to action, demands that we "stand in our truth," and shows us how the landscape has changed and why a new approach is necessary. Suze points out both the pitfalls and opportunities of the current economic climate and sketches a path to security and control. "The New American Dream is not the things we accumulate", says Orman, "but the confidence that comes from knowing that which we've worked so hard for cannot be taken away from us."
BIO: SUZE ORMAN is a two-time Emmy Award-winning television host, #1 New York Times bestselling author, magazine and online columnist, writer/producer, and one of the top motivational speakers in the world today. Orman has written eight consecutive New York Times bestsellers and has written, co-produced, and hosted seven PBS specials based on her books. She is the seven-time Gracie Award-winning host of The Suze Orman Show, which airs on CNBC, and of the forthcoming Money Class on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network. She is also a contributing editor to 0: The Oprah Magazine. Twice named one of the "Time 100," Time magazine's list of the world's most influential people, and named by Forbes as one of the 100 most powerful women, Orman was the recipient of the National Equality Award from the Human Rights Campaign. In 2009 she received an honorary doctor of humane letters degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and in 2010 she received an honorary doctor of commercial science from Bentley University. Orman, a Certified Financial Planner professional, directed the Suze Orman Financial Group from 1987 to 1997, served as Vice President-Investments for Prudential Bache Securities from 1983 to 1987, and was an account executive at Merrill Lynch from 1980 to 1983. Prior to that. she worked as a waitress at the Buttercup Bakery in Berkeley California, from 1973 to 1980.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 9 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 23 min ago
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night 15 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos