Prostate Cancer Awareness Walk
Septempber 18, 2011 -- September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, and one event will bring out hundreds in Chicago to raise awareness and research funds.
That event is the 7th Annual Chicago SEA Blue Prostate Cancer Run/Walk.
Co-founder of the walk, Chicago-area member of Us TOO International and the Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network, Shirley Grey joined us in our ABC7 studio.
Grey understands the critical role loved ones play in the lives of men with advanced prostate cancer, as her husband Herbie was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1991 and died of the disease in 2008. Grey has teamed up with Janssen Biotech, Inc., to raise awareness of resources on My Prostate Cancer Roadmap. The website is published by Janssen Biotech, Inc, which is solely responsible for its content.
At the 3K Walk and 5K Run event, all men can get free prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing on-site.
7th Annual SEA Blue Prostate Cancer Run/ Walk
Sunday, September 18
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Distance: 3K Walk/5K Run
Location: Lincoln Park at Stockton and LaSalle
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Food additive believed to be substance at Dunes beach
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos