Prostate Cancer Awareness Walk
Septempber 18, 2011 -- September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, and one event will bring out hundreds in Chicago to raise awareness and research funds.
That event is the 7th Annual Chicago SEA Blue Prostate Cancer Run/Walk.
Co-founder of the walk, Chicago-area member of Us TOO International and the Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network, Shirley Grey joined us in our ABC7 studio.
Grey understands the critical role loved ones play in the lives of men with advanced prostate cancer, as her husband Herbie was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1991 and died of the disease in 2008. Grey has teamed up with Janssen Biotech, Inc., to raise awareness of resources on My Prostate Cancer Roadmap. The website is published by Janssen Biotech, Inc, which is solely responsible for its content.
At the 3K Walk and 5K Run event, all men can get free prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing on-site.
7th Annual SEA Blue Prostate Cancer Run/ Walk
Sunday, September 18
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Distance: 3K Walk/5K Run
Location: Lincoln Park at Stockton and LaSalle
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates 51 min ago