Super Bowl Commercials
February 6, 2012 (WLS) -- Some people watch the Super Bowl for the football, others watch just for the commercials.
This year, a 30 second spot cost advertisers $3.5 million. Companies put a lot of thought into their message. Some spots are hits, others are flops.
Professor Tim Calkins discusses the top three commercials along with the top three worst commercials. Calkins is a professor at the Kellogg School of Management, where he leads students in the school's eighth annual Kellogg School Super Bowl Advertising Review. This review evaluates the advertisements on key factors such as whether they favorably impact a company and drive their sales forward, rather than on popularity.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 15 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 34 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
34 min ago