Super Bowl Commercials
February 6, 2012 (WLS) -- Some people watch the Super Bowl for the football, others watch just for the commercials.
This year, a 30 second spot cost advertisers $3.5 million. Companies put a lot of thought into their message. Some spots are hits, others are flops.
Professor Tim Calkins discusses the top three commercials along with the top three worst commercials. Calkins is a professor at the Kellogg School of Management, where he leads students in the school's eighth annual Kellogg School Super Bowl Advertising Review. This review evaluates the advertisements on key factors such as whether they favorably impact a company and drive their sales forward, rather than on popularity.
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area