Rosie the Rock Star's Dance Marathon
March 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On Saturday, March 3, 2012, you can meet a real-life "rock star," dance your feet off, and help a good cause.
The third annual Children's Memorial Dance Marathon (link: www.chicagodancemarathon.org) will last 13.1 hours to represent the length of a half-marathon. It is expected to raise more than $375,000 to benefit the 148,000 kids that Children's Memorial Hospital (link: http://www.childrensmemorial.org/) treats each year.
Dancers are asked to raise $500 per person. Teams of 7 dancers or more have a lower fundraising requirement of $400 per person and the amount collective among the team.
One of the main participants at the dance marathon will be 7-year-old Rosie Colucci, a Children's Memorial patient (link: http://research4rosie.com/), also known as "Rosie the Rock Star." Rosie and Michele Lengerman, Chicago Dance Marathon Marketing Director, joined us in our ABC7 studio to tell us all about this fun and important event.
Third Annual Chicago Dance Marathon
Benefitting Children's Memorial Hospital
Saturday, March 3
Registration: 7 a.m.
8 a.m.-9 p.m.
1 West Wacker
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 58 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 38 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77