Grow your own vegetables
March 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Flower and Garden Show goes from March 10-18, 2012 at Navy Pier.
You can learn everything about gardening, including how to grow your own vegetables. You do not even need a yard for that! Charlie Nardozzi (link: http://charlienardozzi.com/), senior horticulturist and spokesperson for the National Gardening Association, wrote the book, "Vegetable Gardening For Dummies." He is at the show on Saturday, on Saturday, March 10, to talk about vegetables from an Italian garden. Nardozzi stopped by our ABC7 studio to show us how to grow veggies in self-watering containers and potatoes in grow bags. He is being compensated by Gardener's Supply Company to talk in Chicago.
Chicago Flower & Garden Show
March 10-18, 2012
Monday - Saturday: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
$15 Weekday, online
$17 Weekday, Navy Pier Box Office
$17 Weekend, online
$19 Weekend, Navy Pier Box Office
$5 Children, 4-12 years old
Charlie Nardozzi: Saturday, 11:30 a.m.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos