Time Out Chicago: Best Spa Products
March 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Who doesn't like a day at the spa? If you like the way you feel after getting a treatment, then you'll love the products featured in this week's Time Out Chicago that help prolong the effects of the spa service.
1. SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF, $156 at Continuum Studio (5671 N Clark St, 773-728-7883, continuumstudio.com)
The SkinCeuticals Super Antioxidant Facial ($125 for 60 minutes) helps reduce fine lines and builds collagen in the skin. You can enhance those effects with this product, which plumps and firms the skin and also protects it from UV damage.
2. Bourbon Bubbler Body Scrub, $56 at the Spa at Four Seasons (120 E Delaware Pl, 312-280-8800, fourseasons.com/chicagofs/spa)
The Four Seasons' new Vintage Bourbon Massage ($160 for 55 minutes; $210 for 80 minutes) features a bourbon back scrub, a hot stone massage and a tasting of single barrel bourbon at Allium (the hotel's new restaurant). Re-create the exfoliation at home with this brown sugar and whiskey scrub.
3. Glotheraputics Smoothing Lavender Mint Salt Scrub, $30 at Spacio (2706 N Halsted St, 773-244-6500, spaciospa.com)
Therapists apply this scrub in Spacio's Smoothing Salt Scrub treatment ($60 for 30 minutes) and the Body Cleanse and Massage ($185 for 120 minutes). Use it at home to exfoliate and nourish your skin.
4. Sensi Sandals, $30 at Urban Oasis (939 W North Ave, 312-640-0001, urbanoasismassage.com; 12 W Maple St, 312-587-3500)
Whether you get a hot stone massage ($120 for 70 minutes), a Reiki Energy session ($90) or any other service, you'll wear these reflexology sandals, which are so comfy you'll want to bring 'em home.
5. Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant, $48 at ENER (1702 N Damen Ave, 773-278-4700, enerspachicago.com)
Therapists incorporate the dermafoliant in the Solar Facial ($90 for 60 minutes) because it's a gentle exfoliant that offers amazing results. Mix the powder with a bit of warm water and rub it all over your face a few times a week after cleansing. The strawberry contains salicylic acid, which exfoliates away impurities, tightens pores and brightens your skin.
6. Youth as We Know It Night Cream, $79 at Bliss (W Hotel, 644 N Lake Shore Dr, 877-862-5477, blissworld.com)
Bliss's new Youth as We Know It Night Facial is one of our all-time faves in the city ($185 for 60 minutes). This überhydrating moisturizer plumps up fine lines until they're practically invisible and leaves you with the same healthy glow you'll enjoy post-treatment. Caveat: The brownie and glass of milk you get at the spa aren't included.
7. Aveda Invati Scalp Revitalizer, $60 at Asha (locations around the city, ashasalonspa.com)
This new product from Aveda helps energize the scalp to allow follicles to grow stronger and thicker-perfect for people with thin or thinning hair. Use is after getting Asha's botanical hair and scalp treatment ($60).
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos