Keeping off the weight with healthy snacks
March 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- If your New Year's resolution was to lose weight, hopefully, you have seen some success by now. But now comes the tough part: keeping off the weight.
One man knows all about that. Mark Pinhasovich (link: www.facebook.com/BL10Mark) was The Biggest Loser's Season 10 At-Home Winner. The Biggest Loser's season 10 at-home winner, who dropped 213 pounds from being on the show. Mark came into our ABC7 studio to give us the skinny on exercise and nutrition to help you maintain your weight.
Mark is part-owner of the new gym called AMPD FitCamp (link: www.ampdfitcamp.com).
1. Customized Trail Mix
- Don't buy pre-made trail mix.
- Measure your ingredients.
- Mark's favorites are almonds, dried cranberries, freeze dried bananas (so they are not covered in oil - and a great way to save calories), and dried mango.
- Measure your ingredients so that you only have 200 calories per baggie.
2. "Oreo" Cookie Protein Bars
- Mark is a protein bar fanatic and also struggles with a sweet tooth.
- One of his favorite bars is called Ultimate Flurry bars because they have flavors that taste like candy and cookies but they aren't chalky like a typical protein bar.
- He uses these as snacks when he travels or when can't be somewhere to prepare his own food.
3. No Rocks Smoothie
- Start by using Greek yogurt - it is double the protein of regular yogurt because of they way they strain it.
- Mark takes 6 ounces of Greek yogurt (100 calories) and a little capful of vanilla, couple shakes of cinnamon and some Stevia (one packet), and fresh cut barriers (Mark likes to use strawberries).
- Mix it up and you have a healthy smoothie without the mess of a blender.
Mark's Weight Loss:
Starting Weight: 421 lbs. (Sept. 21, 2010)
Week 1: 380 lbs.
Week 2: 369 lbs.
Week 3: 361 lbs.
Week 4: 352 lbs.
Week 5: 336 lbs.
Week 6: 329 lbs.
Week 7: 317 lbs.
Week 8: 309 lbs.
Week 9: 299 lbs.
Week 10: 292 lbs.
Finale Weight: 208 lbs (Dec. 14, 2010)
Today's Weight: 245 lbs. (Current - 2012)
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos