Letters Home from Service Members
May 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- As we honor our veterans this Memorial Day weekend, Fox Valley Repertory in Pheasant Run Resort invites you to a special production, Letters Home.
Letters Home will feature handwritten letters between service members of the Fox Valley area in a combat area and their loved ones at home. The letters are from as far back as the Civil War and all the way to today's conflicts.
Among the letters that will be read are those of Sarah Giachino's parents, Lieutenant Charles Hardman and his wife Mary, during WWII. Giachino is the co-founder of Fox Valley Troop Support, Inc. She came into our ABC7 studio to tell us about the production, along with John Gawlik, artistic director of Fox Valley Repertory and the creator of "Letters Home," and actress Rachel Whiteside. FVR has dedicated a portion of the proceeds to benefit Fox Valley Troop Support. The Fox Valley Concert Band will accompany the readings with patriotic music.
2nd Annual "Letters Home: A Memorial Day Remembrance"
presented by Fox Valley Repertory
Friday, May 25, 8 p.m.
Saturday, May 26, 8 p.m.
Pheasant Run Resort Mainstage
4051 E. Main St.
St. Charles, IL
Tickets: $20 ticketmaster.com
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos