Summer Care for Natural Hair
More and more African American women are choosing to forgo relaxers and embrace their natural hair without chemicals. A natural hair style can hold its own, whether you're caught in a summer rain, splashing in the pool, or racing through the sprinklers.
There are many options for beating the summer heat and humidity, and keeping your natural style in check. Chris Curse from "Curls Unleashed" is here to show some simple summer natural hair styles that will keep you looking great from the board room to the beach.
TIPS AND PRODUCTS
- There are two major challenges that women encounter during the summer -- retaining moisture and curl definition.
- To moisturize and define curls, we start all of these styles off with the "Take Command" Curl Defining Crème
- We use the "Set it Off" Curl Boosting Jelly, which recently one the Essence Magazine "Best in Black Beauty 2012 Award", for soft, well-defined, non-crunchy, curls that don't dry.
- Sweating is also a challenge when trying to preserve a hairstyle. So we recommend
- up do's
- wear headbands & scarves to lift the hair off the face
- at night pull the hair to the top of the head while sleeping
- Every product is formulated with its own blend of essential oil cocktails. none has sulfates, parabens, mineral oils or other drying, harmful additives. All products can found at Walgreens and Sally's Beauty Supply
You can meet Chris and the Curls Unleashed team tonight at "All Natural" Beauty Lounge, where you can have a consultation and get a free gift bag with these products. Chicago's own Syleena Johnson will be performing.
All Natural: An Artist's Workshop
2109 S. Michigan Ave.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos