Women Only Half Marathon
Forty years ago, when women showed up at running events it was usually to cheer their husbands and boyfriends across the Finish Line rather than participate.
Today, women participate in running events just as often as men. Title IX, signed by President Nixon on June 23rd, 1972, helped to pave the way for women to have equal opportunity to participate in sporting events. Fleet Feet Sports (LINK: www.FleetFeetChicago.com) is introducing a women's half marathon on June 24, the day after the 40th anniversary of the bill signing in 1972. Fleet Feet Co-Owner Lisa Zimmerman joined us live from the event at Grant Park Sunday morning.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 29 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen 24 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
29 min ago