Mosquito Control as West Nile spreads
August 31, 2012 -- The recent increase in West Nile virus cases has everyone concerned and prompted interest in controlling mosquitoes.
Joining us is Jennifer Brennan of Chalet Nursery with a look at some natural yet effective products to kill and prevent mosquitoes from breeding.
-Mosquito Dunks by Summit -6 pack / $16.99 or 2 pack / $12.99. Uses B.t.i. (Bacillis thurengensis isreali, a bacteria that only kills mosquito larvae) Harmless to animals, humans, fish and birds.
-Bonide Mosquito Beater Area Mosquito Repellent - 1.3 lb container treats 4,000 sq. ft. / $21.99 (contains Citronella Oil, Garlic, Geranium Oil, Cedar Oil, Lemon Grass Oil on a vermiculite carrier) Lasts up to 3 weeks.
-Bonide Mosquito Beater Ready to Spray - 32 oz hose end sprayer treats 5,000 sq ft./ $22.99, water based, contains Permethrin as active ingredient. Used to kill mosquitoes prior to entering area.
-Liquid Net Ultimate Insect Repellent - 8 oz personal spray bottle / $7.99 for using on bodies (Deet free - contains Citronella, Cedarwood Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Geranol, Peppermint Oil and Eugenol)
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore down to 24 9 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area 53 min ago
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 vehicles involved in Oswego head-on collision 48 min ago
- CTA robberies reported at Loop train stations 43 min ago
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
- 7 in :77
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore down...
9 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos