Mosquito Control as West Nile spreads
August 31, 2012 -- The recent increase in West Nile virus cases has everyone concerned and prompted interest in controlling mosquitoes.
Joining us is Jennifer Brennan of Chalet Nursery with a look at some natural yet effective products to kill and prevent mosquitoes from breeding.
-Mosquito Dunks by Summit -6 pack / $16.99 or 2 pack / $12.99. Uses B.t.i. (Bacillis thurengensis isreali, a bacteria that only kills mosquito larvae) Harmless to animals, humans, fish and birds.
-Bonide Mosquito Beater Area Mosquito Repellent - 1.3 lb container treats 4,000 sq. ft. / $21.99 (contains Citronella Oil, Garlic, Geranium Oil, Cedar Oil, Lemon Grass Oil on a vermiculite carrier) Lasts up to 3 weeks.
-Bonide Mosquito Beater Ready to Spray - 32 oz hose end sprayer treats 5,000 sq ft./ $22.99, water based, contains Permethrin as active ingredient. Used to kill mosquitoes prior to entering area.
-Liquid Net Ultimate Insect Repellent - 8 oz personal spray bottle / $7.99 for using on bodies (Deet free - contains Citronella, Cedarwood Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Geranol, Peppermint Oil and Eugenol)
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 37 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos