National Honey Month
September 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- September is National Honey Month, and honey is the star on the menu this time of year at Lockwood Restaurant inside the Palmer House Hilton.
They get fresh honey right from the rooftop to make a variety of dishes and dessert.
Sous chef Valeria Benner shares how to make the popular honeycomb brittle.
Recipe for honeycomb brittle:
Half cup white sugar
3 tb honey
2 tsp baking soda
1 pinch cinnamon
-Cook Honey and sugar on medium heat until it reaches 300 degrees or hard-crack stage.
-Watch carefully and do not allow to get darker than a light to medium amber. If it starts getting dark quickly, turn down the heat to slow down the process.
-Remove from heat, mix the spice into the baking soda and then add to the candy mixture.
-Spread onto wax paper and allow to cool completely.
-Crack into piece and enjoy on ice cream or by itself.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home