September 23, 2012 -- Thousands of runners get to go where civilians usually aren't allowed, the Naval Station Great Lakes, during the "Fort2Base" Race.
The race features two distances for participants: a 10 Nautical Mile race (11.5 miles) starts at Fort Sheridan in Highland Park, and a 3 Nautical Mile race (3.45 miles) runs within the private expanses of the Naval Station Great Lakes.
Caylei Vogelzang, co-race director of Fort2Base, joined us live during our ABC7 News Sunday Morning to tell us all about the race. Team Salute Inc. is the official charity of this race.
Sunday, September 23, 2012
7 a.m.: 10 Nautical Mile Starts
7:15 a.m.: 3 Nautical Mile Starts
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos